Sign up for the Hackathons and Creative Labs of the MED GAIMS project, get one of the 5 prizes of between € 10,000 and € 15,000 and win the opportunity to implement your gamification proposal in the city.
Objectives of the Hackathons and Creative Labs call
Develop games to revolutionize the tourist experience of little-known locations, create new jobs and promote emerging companies in the sector.
The call aims to promote innovative, original and creative ideas around the theme “SECRETS”. The ultimate goal of the winning games will be for visitors to discover and experience Vilanova beyond simple observation, but always around the discovery of “SECRETS”.
What are the “SECRETS”? They are little-known historical facts, characters, and experiences not in the public domain; Examples of “SECRETS” can be an anecdote of a work of art, places not usually visited, urban legends, a wine tasting in an unusual environment, exclusive access to physical or digital content, among others.
Digital and analog games, 5 winners and 2 Hackathons and Creative Labs
There will be two Hackathons and Creatives Labs in Vilanova i la Geltrú organized by the i2CAT Foundation and Neàpolis.
- The first Hackathon and the first Creative Lab will be on October 3-4 .
- The second Hackathon and the second Creative Lab will be on November 21-22.
From all the participants in the Hackathons and Creative Labs , 5 winners will be selected to obtain a cash prize to implement the idea of gaming in the city of Vilanova in the next 8 months. Of the 5 winning ideas, 3 will be analog proposals (each will get a sum of € 10,000 to be implemented) and 2 will be digital proposals (each will get the sum of € 15,000).
How can you participate?
1- Fill in all the fields of the application form with your proposal! The proposal must be written in English and on a computer.
- The template for developing the economic proposal can be found in Annex B ( Budget ) .
- In order to know all the details of the tourist destinations of the city and to adapt the proposals well, you will find here all the necessary information.
- We recommend that before writing the proposal, to get ideas and avoid duplication of projects, read this guide of examples by city and country with proposals that are already being developed in the project.
2- Send the application form and the document with the economic proposal before the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for submitting proposals will be September 15 (for the October 3 and 4 Hackathons) and October 30 (for the November 21-22 Hackathons and Creative Labs).
3- Consult the rules if you have doubts or want to go deeper into the call!
Watch the informative webinar of the initiative again.
MED GAIMS is co-funded by ENI CBC Med, the EU funded Program which finances cross-border cooperation projects in the Mediterranean area. It runs over a period of three years and started on 1st of September, 2019.